Friday, June 4, 2021

MCKMQG Scrap Jar


 My guild, the McKinney Modern Quilt Guild started a fun tradition a year or so ago. We have a big jar full of scraps. Every meeting, one attendees name is drawn and that person gets to take the jar the next month. They make a fun small item from some of the scraps, refill it to the top and then pass both the jar and the item on to the next person drawn the following month. It's been fun to see the cute little items everyone has made.

Finally, in May, my name was chosen! I won a darling tiny flying geese magnet made by Stephanie. When I picked up the jar from her, I went home and immediately dumped it upside down on my floor. I had so much fun digging through the scraps and finding colors that spoke to me.

I'll bet you're wondering what I made. Potholders! I added some insulbright that I had on hand and pieced a couple of improv log cabins with the scraps. 

The other day I dropped them off with my friend Chris who is going to make something fun for June. Scrappy is her jam so I'm sure whatever she makes will be lots of fun.




3 comments:

Kathy E. said...

Your potholders are a great way to up pretty scraps! Your guild has a fun tradition going with its Scrap Jar. I'll bet you've been amazed at what some friends have made from those scraps!

Maria said...

Pretty potholders made from the scrap jar and your colours.....

Debbie said...

What a fun 'challenge' and potholders were a great idea!