Saturday, January 26, 2019

Joy! Word of the year 2019

Every year I choose a word of the year. It's always a process for me to choose my word. I begin keeping lists in the fall of possible words for the following year. Sometimes my word is very clear to me. Other times, not so much. This year, the word Joy came to me at the very last possible minute!
I want to be very intentional about choosing to be joyful every single day this year. I finally got around to making my Joy quilt yesterday.

The colors are not quite right in this photo.... I chose fabrics that closely mirror the Kona color of the year (Splash!) and Pantones color of the year (Living Coral). I think they play very nicely together.

This is the year I WILL hang all of my word of the year quilts! I have nine now.... quite a collection! and they have been sitting in a stack for years. Enough of that!

Do you choose a word? What's your word for 2019?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your choice of word this year is lovely... "JOY"
I hope you can be joyful every day Ellyn.
Pretty word mini and I look forward to seeing all your words hung.

Debbie said...

An excellent word! Looking forward to seeing all nine hanging!