Sunday, June 26, 2016

lost socks

Almost a year ago, I was sitting with my friends Joellen & Carol eating lunch at a local quilt show, planning a block swap. We had all purchased the pattern, Lost Socks  and we thought it would be fun if we all made sock blocks then swapped them among the three of us. We wanted to use our stash, so there were no parameters on sock fabric. The backgrounds were all to be low volume creams.
 After we swapped our blocks, I buttonhole stitched around all of mine on the machine, then assembled my quilt top at our guild retreat in February. It was so much fun to put them all up on the giant design wall & play with the layout! I chose not to add borders to my quilt.

I took my quilt top to Lisa and she worked her magic on the longarm. She used five different overall quilt patterns on different sections of the quilt & it looks terrific! I put the last stitches in the binding this morning.

You might also notice that it's a BIG quilt! My handy dandy photo assistant (aka hubby) was not tall enough to hold it off the ground!
My finished quilt is 64" x 80". A fun finish! Also, the fourth and FINAL finish from my second quarter finish along list! Hooray! I came in under the wire this time....

#2016FAL linking up to A Quilter's Table

9 comments:

Debbie said...

What a fun quilt. And Congrats on your final FAL finish!! yay!

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt!! I have this pattern, and had forgotten all about it....I really like the fabrics used in your version...this was a great quilt to use for a block swap!
Thanks for sharing!!
Sandra B
scb304@juno.com

Ondrea said...

Hehehe! That is such a fun quilt. Well done. It put a smile on my face. Gee, you get a lot done.

Anonymous said...

wow i love this,well done Ellyn ...

Maria said...

All those different socks look fabulous, great swap and a lovely big quilt to snuggle under......

Chantal said...

It's beautiful Ellyn. So colorful and fun. I might just have as many real single lost sock mates as you have in your quilt. So fun!

Cindy said...

What a fun idea! A wonderful way to showcase your favorite fabrics. Congratulations on a super finish! On behalf of the global 2016 FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

Bonnie said...

I have a whole box full of those sock blocks all in flannels! You have inspired me to get them put together!!

Emily said...

This is such a fun quilt!