Friday, April 8, 2016

2nd quarter finish along plans

Today I am linking up on A Quilter's Table with my intended finishes for the 2nd quarter of 2016. 

First up, I want to finish my Lost Socks quilt.  I finished piecing it at my retreat in February. It just needs to be quilted and bound....
Second, the Modern Quilt Guild Riley Blake fabric challenge is due in May! That one NEEDS to get done. Though I am less than inspired by the assigned fabric, I do have a plan and have begun putting it in motion...
It seems all of my friend's children and many of my children's friends have decided to have babies this year! I need to finish up 2 baby girl quilts this quarter. Since I am attending Lee Monroe's Hattie's Dresden class on Saturday, I decided to use that pattern to make one of the baby quilts...
The other baby quilt is still an idea in my head. It MIGHT use scraps from my pink & purple bin. Or maybe I'll go fabric shopping? who knows...


So that's it. Four finishes for the second quarter. I think I can do it! What are your second quarter goals?


5 comments:

Maria said...

How cute is that Sock quilt? Hmm no not a fan of that Riley Blake fabric at all. Will be interesting to see what you do with it.
What beautiful quilt for a new baby girl...
Pink and purple will make a great little girls quilt...
Still having trouble finishing projects I have half finished sew not thinking about a thing else now.

Puppilalla said...

Good luck tackling those projects!

Debbie said...

Four is a good number! Even though you are somewhat uninspired by the RB challenge, I'm anxious to see what you're up to!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Enjoy your class! It's always fun to make quilts for babies.

Melissa said...

Looks like you'll be having lots of FUN working on these projects this quarter!