Wednesday, October 29, 2014

fall

I've got to tell you, one thing I miss living in Dallas is fall. Typically, sometime before Thanksgiving, the leaves on the trees turn brown and drift to the ground. Just like that, BAM, fall has come and gone. One day it's 80 and the next day it's 45. What happened to fall??? I was so happy to experience true fall while I was in Asheville last week.



this is the quilt garden at the Asheville arboretum. Do you see the flying geese?
 Of course, that nasty season that follows fall? You know, the one that starts with a W? I don't miss that one at all!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We saw some pretty fall colors on our trip to Ohio. I have to say that we are getting some nice weather for fall this year - even if there's not much color!

Sally said...

The colors have been beautiful here in IL in the last couple of weeks! I think that I would miss the trees changing, if I lived somewhere that we didn't have that.