Tuesday, May 14, 2013

obsessed with bracelets.

The other day my friend Sarah posted pictures on instagram of bracelets she was making. I had to make them. Like, drop everything, make them NOW! Has that ever happened to you? I followed her links back to this tutorial and set out to gather supplies. Turns out, this is the hardest part of this project.

Have you ever heard of ribbon crimps? hmm me either. Until now that is! Last Friday, Steve and I set out on a tour of all of the local craft stores in search of these elusive ribbon crimps. Found some at Hobby Lobby, but they were incredibly small. They say Joanns carries an assortment package. Apparently Sarah bought them all. sigh.

Etsy to the rescue! I found lots of shops with ribbon crimps on etsy and ordered an assortment pack from this shop on Friday afternoon. By dinnertime Friday I had an email saying my ribbon crimps had been shipped! And, about 2pm Monday afternoon, the mailman put them in my mailbox. Amazing! By the time I left the house at 3:30 Monday, these were on my arm....

 Snazzy huh? And by noon today I had made 7 bracelets....
 Some of them reversible....
 Wait a minute, there are only six, you say? I forgot to show you the one on my arm...
 I had fun grouping them into fun little assortments....

I don't think I'll wear all seven at once. For one thing, they are tricky to hook onto one's own arm. Yesterday, Ally came to the rescue and hooked them on for me. She suggested that if I wore one on each arm and hooked them together they would be like handcuffs. She's a silly one, that Ally. This morning, I managed to put one bracelet on myself but it took a while! I'll get better at it, I'm sure. I fully intend to wear these bracelets all the time.

I do believe you should gather your scraps, order some ribbon crimps, and make some too. Hop to it!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful bracelets...
I am sure they will be popular with the young uns...

Melissa said...

These are so cute!! In lieu of making them myself, I just want you to know that I REALLY like them and will be wearing a lot of pink this summer! :>)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very cute! Maybe as a party favor for Amelia's birthday guestst this year. Remind me in July. :)