Thursday, April 19, 2012

the countdown begins

Yesterday, Ally and I were watching The Today Show and they were talking about the olympics being 100 days away. The summer olympics, in London, that is. And it occurred to me that if the olympics are 100 days away, our trip to London is less than 100 days away! Yes! My hubby and I are going to London this summer to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I am so excited, I've never been to Europe so this is a very big deal for me.

So when I said this to Ally, she sarcastically said "gee Mom, maybe you should make a paper chain to count down the days". And so I did.....

 About a month ago, Jenny from Allsorts, posted her free printable to make paper chains! Of course I jumped on that one, not knowing what I would do with it. And now I had my answer. I got out my paper chain making supplies and set to work.....
Now I can tear off one link every day and when the chain is gone I'll be on a plane with my sweetie heading to London! Brilliant! In case you are wondering, it is 82 days from today that we leave. Oh, and the chain is hanging from little command hooks in the hallway. I contemplated hanging it in the dining room or somewhere else more visible but I thought my hubby might draw the line at that! Surely he won't object to this?

Any advice for places I need to see in London? Great restaurants with gluten free menus? Tourist attractions? Quilt stores? teehee...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So exciting to be anticipating a big trip, isn't it. I highly recommend the open air bus tour that allows you to get on and off at different attractions throughout the day & you must take in a show at the London Theatre District, then take a bicycle rickshaw back to your hotel! :>)

Maria said...

The London Eye,Tower of London and Bridge,Big Ben,Harrods, Piccadilly Circus. Have fun Ellyn.Hope the days pass quickly for you. I know they all too fast for me.


Thanks for popping over to see my hexie and houses. I must agree that it would be hard to find Peach colours.
Hugz
Maria