Monday, January 9, 2012

Ticker Tape... halfway done

Two more ticker tape blocks got finished today. Gray (this picture makes it look a little bluer than it really is)... And khaki brown...

Not colors that I had a lot of in my stash, but fun to do because they were out of the box for me! So we are halfway done with the ticker tape blocks, 12 blocks finished!

This is going to be a very large quilt. Maybe I should have made my blocks smaller? They are each 14 inches square (finished size). That will make my quilt 56" X 84" without any borders! Ah well, too late now. It is what it is...


Today I am thankful for friends to sew with and rain.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Love both those blocks... gorgeous colours. Cant wait to see the finished quilt.

Maria said...

Great Blocks. Even though they are not your colours they will work well with all the others.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

ooooo. pretty! This is going to be an awesome quilt when you are done with it, Ellyn.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful blocks....can't wait to see it done!!!

Melissa said...

These are turning out so nicely. I really like the little bits of color in the khaki square.

Enjoyed our quick visit the other day - hope you are having a great week!

Sewjoe said...

If you think yours are big, I have seen some that were much larger. Glad you are keeping up...and actually, I am too!