Thursday, April 15, 2021

obligatory annual bluebonnet post

 Here we are, spring again! and for a brief time every April the Texas Bluebonnets are in full bloom. Last weekend Hubby and I drove to our favorite Bluebonnet spot for a few photos, as we do. I thought it would be fun to share a little bluebonnet block I made ages ago (and quickly finished into a tiny quilt right before we photographed it).

This is an awesome 6" foundation paper pieced block that is free on Sarah's blog. My original intention was to make a whole field of bluebonnet blocks but, well, you all know how that goes! Maybe someday.


It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and also a good chance to get some photos of my latest Kalle Shirt by Closet case patterns. This is my go-to summer top (seriously my closet is full of them!)

I just love it in this Alison Glass Tuesday fabric that I picked up at my local quilt shop! This one will be getting lots of wear. I had Hubby take some more photos when we got home in better lighting...


Also I want to point out this is 2 blog posts in one week! Patting myself on the back.... 


2 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful field of Bluebonnets and the little mini is gorgeous...
Your new blouse is lovely and I like your new profile photo.

Debbie said...

Super cute top! One of these days, I need to see those bluebonnets!