Monday, June 6, 2016

another finish

Horray! this is finish number three for me in the second quarter of the finish along. That means I only have one more.... I think I can!
This baby quilt is my variation of a pattern in the most recent issue of McCalls Quick Quilts. I had been hanging onto several fat quarters of Amy Sinabaldi's Paperie fabric waiting for the perfect opportunity to use them and this sweet baby quilt was it! I mixed in one Cotton and Steel print, bordered it all in a sweet polka dot & I love the result.

I even quilted it myself, using the serpentine stitch on my Janome.
I went with a scrappy binding, using all of the prints in the quilt. I hadn't done this in a long time!
This one will go off to a new baby later this summer.

#2016FAL linking up with A Quilter's Table
SaveSave

6 comments:

Chantal said...

How fresh and fun. I love your fabric choices. The pattern is great too. Well done Ellyn on the finish.

Debbie said...

Super cute! I have just one finish on my list too - let's do it! ;-)

Anonymous said...

love this Ellyn :)

Maria said...

Such a pretty Baby Quilt. Whoo Hoo you did a great job of the quilting. Have you automatically set that stitch on your Jamone???

Ondrea said...

LOve what you have done with that quilt. Great colours. Another awesome finish.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's a lovely quilt! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!