Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Small World

Last summer, when everyone was making My Small World quilts (by Jen Kingwell) I searched high and low for the magazine with the pattern in it. No luck. When Jen released the pattern separately in the fall I jumped on it and bought one right away! Shortly after, Nicole  (aka @Saphre1964 on Instagram) announced that she would be leading a quilt along in the new year, and I jumped right on board!

Yesterday I finished up section one of My Small World....
I am having a BLAST making this quilt! Digging through my stash & adding fussy cut bits & bobs here & there has been so much fun. Here are some close ups of parts of section one....
 a ballet studio in honor of my girls! A baker with a gluten free birthday cake in honor of my upcoming birthday, Goldilocks & Mama bear on the top floor of the Happiness Hotel and festive bunting in the window.

And this colorful party on the bottom....
 I love the puppy parking his fancy car in the garage. Oh and look closely in that little red house.....
It's the big bad wolf! I pointed a big arrow right at him so he can't hide and cause trouble.

I can't wait to continue on this fun journey and plan to share more with you along the way. Check out the hashtag #mysmallworldqal2 on instagram for more happy inspiration.

4 comments:

Maria said...

What a fabulous SAL. You've used sew many fun and interesting fabrics....enjoy!

Ondrea said...

You come up with some really unique things and this project is so cute.

Chantal said...

It lovely Ellyn! I love all the fussy cutting. It will be such an interesting quilt with lots to look at! How many parts are there to the quilt. Looks like part one has a billion pieces to it. I love it.

Melissa said...

Oh my, such a FUN happy first section!!