Tuesday, February 19, 2019

more improv

Maybe I should rename my blog "ellyn's improv place"? Can you tell I'm totally hooked on improv? I find it so freeing to just sew things together until it looks right. Most recently, I've been limiting myself to small samples, just to try different techniques. This one is my take on Sherri Lynn Wood's Score #6 from her book Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters. Our Improv small group, the Comedy Club Quilters, decided to play around with it this past month & this is where I landed.

Basically this is an exploration of modern flying geese. I used gray and yellow, the colors in our guest bathroom (maybe I'll hang it in there eventually?) and my sample ended up 10"x12" (never mind that the examples in the book are all considerably larger, even bedsized). I quilted it on my domestic machine with random wavy lines...... done and done! 


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Done and done and awesome!