Saturday, May 7, 2016

tote swap

Last night a group of us met at Stitched With Love to swap tote bags. I love these swaps. I had Elizabeth's name in the swap, and she was a new friend to me but I sure had fun sewing for her!

The tote bag is my variation on During Quiet Time's free pattern, the Indie Bag.  I made my bag bigger than the pattern called for to make it more a tote than a purse. Fabric is Blueberry Park. I also included my usual Lola zip pouch. And that sweet dolly for her little girl....

She's a free pattern too! The Josephine Doll by While She Naps. She was so much fun to make!
And check out the amazing Tessa Basket Alice made for me! I absolutely love it...
and the sweet little coin purse too. Alice did a beautiful job & made exactly what I asked for, a smallish tote to coordinate with jeans. She said she read my request over & over to make sure I didn't want aqua! LOL I wonder why?  The tote is full of goodies too. I'm so spoiled!

Here's a picture of all the totes swapped last night... this group has amazing talent!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, what a great looking group of totes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellyn what a fun swap,i love the bag and goodies that you made and i love what you received,well done ladies on a beautiful and fun swap :)

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, sew many gorgeous totes... What a lovely tote ,Lola pouch and dolly you made your partner and your tote
is perfect to go with jeans...