Monday, May 2, 2016

Alder Dress for me!

I have been wanting to try out Grainline Studio's Alder Dress for a while now. I had heard great things about their patterns from friends. This weekend I made my first Alder dress & boy am I thrilled!
First of all IT FITS! I made it per my measurements, no adjustments at all, and it fits perfectly! I even wore it to church yesterday.

Look! there's my handsome photographer in the window! Hi honey. Anyways, about the pattern. This is not a beginner garment pattern. There are lots of great details, like a separate button hole placket, armhole binding and a collar stand. I left the front pockets off because of the busy print. The only thing I wish the dress had (and I'll add them myself next time) is side seam pockets.

I love the curved hem dropping down in the back. I love this dress & I'll be making more of them for sure!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

It looks wonderful!

Maria said...

Your new dress looks fabulous...

Debbie said...

Super cute on you!!

Chantal said...

Oh you are so talented being able to make garments. I love the dress! Great fabric choice too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellyn wow the dress looks great on you ,what a wonderful job you did,well done :)