Tuesday, March 29, 2016

gluten free in Phoenix

Whenever we travel, I love to explore new-to-me gluten free dining options. Our recent trip to Arizona did not disappoint! Lobster Mac & Cheese anyone?
The Strand is awesome downtown dining with all kinds of Italian fare, including tons of gluten free pasta options. This Lobster Mac & Cheese was delicious and filling, so very cheesy with just enough spicy zing to it.

Picazzo's has been voted the best GF restaurant in the valley and I couldn't possibly disagree! In fact, I've never had a better gluten free pizza anywhere. They have a designated GF fire oven  and the pizza I had was thick crusted, crispy and delicious. I'd love to go back and try some of their pasta dishes and quinoa bowls. This gluten free girl gives Picazzo's five stars!

Chompies is a fantastic Jewish Deli with several Phoenix locations. I enjoyed a hot corned beef sandwich on a delicious GF bun. It was way more food than one human could possibly consume in one sitting (and I arrived HUNGRY!). I hear their GF bagels are amazing too.... can't wait to try them next time we're in town.

Daily Dose  was Leigh Anne's choice for lunch on Saturday and the shrimp tacos I had were awesome! It was a fun place, with a great patio if you choose to dine outside.

Do you have other recommendations I should try on my next visit?










No comments: