Sunday, March 27, 2016

time out for baseball

Sorry to disappear on you. As much as I love quilting, family always comes first! And if it's family, and Arizona in March, that means baseball! I grew up loving baseball..... well trained by my awesome parents!
It was great to have Mom & Dad join us for a couple of spring training games, along with our two oldest who share our passion for the game....
Truth be told, this was Leigh Anne's planned vacation to AZ, which we horned in on, but she didn't seem to mind!  We enjoyed games at three different stadiums, Surprise, Salt River, and Peoria, and saw some awesome baseball from six different teams! The weather was beautiful, the snow cones delicious and the company, outstanding.

Don't worry, I did talk hubby into taking me to a new quilt shop on one of our non-baseball days.
Modern Quilting is a great new shop in Paradise Valley.  The shop was sunny and cheerful, filled with things that made me smile (and yes, a few of them made it to the car!). The staff was friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back again some time!

Play ball!




2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun times!!

Melissa said...

Wow - looks like it was a great trip & some FUN family time! We just missed y'all as we drove through Phoenix on the 17th, although we didn't stop there this trip!