Saturday, December 5, 2015

odds and ends

Between secret projects (it's that time of the year!), & busy days (again, it's that time of the year) I haven't had a lot to share here. I did finish up a Lola Pouch to gift to a friend on her birthday...


Today I put together this awesome spider web block. a bee block for my pal Joy. This was really fun. Added a new technique to the arsenal. I can't wait to see a whole quilt made up of these blocks!
also, it didn't even make a dent in my scrap bin, oh well!




And because I've been feeling overwhelmed with a long to do list and the holidays zooming upon us, I started a new crochet project. As we do. I decided to try out the groovy ghan pattern and it's really easy and cool. I'm having a little trouble keeping the side edges even, but I figure a good border will cover that up in the end. Using scrap yarn on this one...

I hope you're having a crafty weekend!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Love your pouches....
Scrappy Spider Web blocks are one of my favourites....
Enjoy crochet earring your new rug..

Ondrea said...

That is a colourful pouch and I am sure the recipient will love it. Your crocheting looks really fun. Love the spider web block.