Monday, August 19, 2013

english paper piecing

 This year, The Quilt Asylum offered Sue Daley's Little Things patterns and kits, one a month for a discount. I decided early on that I was going to try to do all six, so I could learn new English paper piecing techniques. Each one featured a different shape. I did it! Here is number six (kite shapes), completed.
Here are the three that are still currently in my possession (Kites, diamonds and whirligigs)...

Three of my little things quilts have gone to live elsewhere. You can see two of them here and here. I can't believe it but I never took a picture of the first one completed before I gave it as a gift! Here is a post where I am working on it. 

I have loved doing this and it has encouraged me to actually FINISH some EPP projects, instead of just stacking up hexi flowers for no reason! I will be doing more of this for sure.

4 comments:

Trae Flesher said...

Hmmmmm....stacking up hexie flowers for no reason...I wonder WHO you could referring to there? GUILTY! Your "Little Things" look great!

Melissa said...

This turned out great - I really like the way you arranged the pieces. It looks like a little sunshine in the top right corner, in the midst of a blue sky, and some red roses blooming in the bottom left corner.

Maria said...

Your EPP projects all look great...Well done Ellyn


Yep like Trea I have a stack of hexies too. LOL..

Deborah said...

These are just beautiful!!