Wednesday, February 6, 2013

crafty tuesday... the February version

There's nothing like throwing yourself a birthday party! I highly recommend it. And what could be more fun than crafting with friends all day? Not a thing. Melissa even brought balloons...
 There were so many of us we had to pull the kitchen table into the dining room. Cheryl spread her scrapbook stuff out and hogged the whole table for herself! I think she actually got some scrapping done this time....
 See poor Cheryl off in the distance in the next photo? Honestly she wasn't that far away! Kind of like the rear view mirror, items are closer than they appear! Trae was sorting embroidery floss and making it all neat and tidy. Melissa was scrapping too....
 Raquel came and joined us for the first time. No, she didn't sit and read magazines all day! She crocheted TWO of those cute ruffly scarves and learned some embroidery stitches! Joellen was english paper piecing and appliquéing.....
 I was working on english paper piecing too! Clamshells.... something new to me. I finished up the topper for my mini quilt....

While the girls were here, I opened up my package from Maria which had arrived from Australia last week (can you believe I waited???) Check out this amazing pillow cover (she would call it a cushion cover!). I am totally in love....
 This will be on the sofa in my sewing room so I can enjoy it every day. Wow! Thanks Maria! Look at the detail...
 She included these sweet goodies in the package too (as if that pillow cover wasn't enough!) A cute pattern and a lovely embroidered linen (I think I will use it as a dresser scarf. It matches my bedroom!)
 Some more goodies I received from friends (both friends here and friends far away.....
I am a lucky lucky girl. Such good friends.... I wouldn't trade them for anything!

7 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

what a great party! And lovely gifts from across the way. Happy Birthday Ellyn!

Patty Sumner said...

Ellyn you are a truly blessed lady. I love the idea of throwing yourself a party.. and your theme is one everyone could love. Nothing like a day of good friends and fellowship. Happy Birthday and be blessed!

Melissa said...

It was a fun day! I'm already looking forward to the party Trae's going to throw herself & I might just need to think about throwing myself one! :>)

prsd4tim2 said...

Oh, how fun! Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a blast! Can't think of anything better than spending my birthday with friends stitching and scrapping!

Maria said...

Looks like you had a great birthday Ellyn with your crafty friends...
Love your blouse. the colour really suits you..
Pleased you like your CUSHION cover,lol. I sewed each stitch with lots of love...
Hugz
Maria XXX

Anonymous said...

Had a GREAT time. Thanks for letting me join the fun. Looking forward to next month.

Raquel

Sarah_L_N said...

Looks like a fun birthday! The cushion cover is so cute :)