Sunday, December 16, 2012

learning to sew, the ongoing story

My young friends came to sew yesterday. I didn't get any action shots but I did get some pictures of their lovely pincushions.
 I let them dig through my scrap drawer and choose 2 1/2 inch squares for the top and big squares for the bottom. And then, of course, they got into my buttons! They also enjoyed "posing" their pincushions for the photo shoot....

 while they were digging in the scrap drawer, I did a little digging of my own. I had seen this pillow online and decided my house needed a similar one. It would have been so much easier to strip piece it, but I began with 2 1/2 inch squares so mine took a little while but I am really happy with it. I was able to feature some bigger squares of my Australian Christmas fabric too. I kinda-sorta straight line quilted the pillow topper. It's a little wonky but I like it. So there.
It's great to have all of my Christmas gifts done and mailed so I can just take a day out and sew something fun for me!

6 comments:

Barb Neiwert said...

It IS fun to sew something just for yourself, and that pillow is great! That's awfully nice to teach the kids to sew - the pincushions are a good choice and now they even have a little gift for someone if they want.

Sally said...

Cute, cute, cute!

You should say that you did some "organic" straight line quilting :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Great pincushions and pillow. I may have to make a patchwork pillow for myself

Maria said...

Great pincushions girls...

Hmm I do recognise some of those fabrics...

Altax said...

Awesome designs!!!

Kids Games

Anonymous said...

With all the different [URL=http://www.northfaceapexbionicjacket.org/#861]north face apex[/URL] we all tested out, it's the person who I'd buy first. In terms of coolness factor workplace inside Silicon Valley or perhaps warmer places, however, all of the [URL=http://www.northfaceapexbionicjacket.org/#1131]cheap north face apex[/URL] Sedition II as well as Foil Arctic get arms down. The Sedition The second reason is a very soft shell since Foil Cold weather is actually a N . Face Backpacks layer a female has on under a very hard or perhaps softer shell.