Sunday, August 7, 2011

handwork

In case you thought I'd been slacking off, because of a lack of crafty postings lately, I thought I would share what I've been doing! I have the whole gang home for just a few more days. This means 1) I am enjoying time with them while I can! and 2) my sewing machine is taking a little break so Leigh Anne can use the sewing room for a bedroom.

One thing I can work on while we watch tv or visit is my hexis. I had seen some on Pinterest with embroidery in the center & decided that made me happy..... I'm not totally sure what these hexis will become in the end, but I sure am having fun playing with them! The other handwork project I've worked on is my August Birdie Stitches block. It's done! I really like this one (please note, my ironing board is also taking a little break from me!)

Do you like to do handwork too?

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Love the hexis but I've never made any. I just don't understand the process and my handwork stinks. Your August block looks terrific. I finally finished April's and started on May's while on vacation. I haven't gotten very far with it though.

Sally said...

I used to like handwork more than I do now. I still don't mind doing embroidery. I love the little hexies, but I wouldn't ever get them all sewn together :-(

Sewjoe said...

I know what you mean about the whole gang home...I haven't had much computer time or sewing time. I do like this month's block. Hope to catch up with the BOM and you soon!!

Maria said...

It is great to have family time. You can sew when they are away.
Love your hexies and great block too.