Thursday, June 23, 2011

A bag for a friend

I hinted that I was enjoying some hand stitching not long ago. Sometimes I just start playing with fabrics & thread and see where it leads me. This is how my hexagon flower looked when I was done playing: After I appliqued it onto a piece of recycled denim it really wanted to become a bag. Easy enough.




I sent this bag off to my friend Tracey in Ohio this week. I filled it up with some fabric & a pattern, haha, I hope she's not too mad at me for putting a project on her to do list? Wish I could pop on over to her house & help her make it. She does have my Ally there for a few days of entertainment, maybe Ally will help her sew?






Tracey is the kind of friend who would do anything for you. Thanks for always being there for me pal! And Happy belated Birthday. I miss you.




1 comment:

Sewjoe said...

I love the colors and the fact that you recycled. I am sure she will enjoy it!