Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011! A fresh start

Happy New Year friends! I am ready to start tackling some new projects. This year I plan to keep a log of all the projects I finish. This will make looking back at the end of the year so much easier! But enough about looking back. Let's look forward.


What better way to celebrate a fresh start than with a new ironing board cover! Thanks to Mom & Dad, I have a beautiful new cover for my board. Love the red (of course!) and the flowers.... almost makes me want to iron! Almost. (Mom loves to iron! Why didn't I get that gene?) To celebrate the new year, I have started a new quilt....
The nice ladies at Happiness is Quilting gave me a huge bag full of charm packs for participating in the Christmas quilt challenge (also a 12 1/2" square ruler! Yay!). There were four packs of this line so I decided to make them into four patches for a prayer quilt for a friend. I'll show you more as it progresses.

Do you have lots of UFOs to complete from 2010? I really don't. Once I get rolling on a project, I'm pretty good about finishing them up. I do have a couple, a storybook quilt for quilt guild, my heart blocks and witch blocks from the swaps last year.... that's really all the major ones. Lots of unstarted projects, but those don't really count, do they? I say NO!

Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to this year!

2 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You already started a new quilt for 2011. Impressive! I'm still trying to figure what where to start myself!

sarah london said...

I need to purchase a new ironing board cover, hope I can find one as pretty as yours!