Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday finish

An early finish today as my buddies will be here for Bible study in just a few minutes & I have a busy day planned! Still plan to finish up a couple other little projects later, but they are gifts & cannot be shared here. I knew you would want to see Kelsey's quilt all done..... Kelsey is the 7 year old daughter of my friend Kelly & one of Ally's favorite little people to babysit. She was here with us on Saturday evening & was interested in what I was working on. I gave her a bag of 5 inch square scraps & she & Ally sat on the floor & laid out a quilt top which I quickly stitched up for her (while they sorted buttons!). I promised to put her name on it this week & put a "blue backing" on it, as she requested.

I had this sweet blue polka dot flannel on hand, so I used that, both to applique her name across the top squares and to back the quilt. I wanted it to be a lightweight, soft snuggle blanket for her, so I didn't put in any batting. Just a second layer of flannel (solid white). I laid the backing flannel & quilt top right sides together, with the white flannel on top, stitched all the way around leaving an opening for turning. Flipped the whole blanket right side out, pressed it & ran a row of stitching around the edge. Simple & sweet.... I think she'll be happy with her creation!
Ok, off I go. Have a happy Wednesday my friends!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The quilt came out so cute - I know she is going to love snuggly up with that! I finished one layout yesterday (can't show it yet as it's for my guest designer spot in December) and hoping to start on Christmas cards today.

Lisa said...

It looks so nice and warm and cozy. You are definitely getting through your projects this week.

Sally said...

I love the cozy little blanket. I love to snuggle up with blankets and I imagine that this one would be perfect (at least size-wise for a 7 year old!)