Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today's finish...

A finish a day continues. Today's finish, this lovely pillow... My friend Pat did this beautiful cross stitch and wanted it made into a pillow to give as a Christmas gift. She provided the red velvet for the back, gold piping and the stuffing. I made a pillow form from white broadcloth so the stuffing wouldn't poke through the finished pillow. I think it turned out very nice! I hope she is pleased.

Also working on handwork this afternoon so I can finish up another project tomorrow. My 7 year old friend Kelsey designed herself a little quilt while she was at my house the other night & I am stitching it up for her. Adding her name on top.... can't wait to show you!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

The pillow turned out very nice, I'm sure your friend will be pleased. I'm scrapping today and hope to have something new posted today or tomorrow!

Lisa said...

Your friend is sure to be please, that cushion is stunning. I love the gold piping.

Digital-Grace said...

Awe...you're so sweet El!

Maria said...

Oh Ellyn what a beautiful job you did putting the pillow together. I am sure your friend will be delighted.
How sweet your little friend designed her own quilt. looking forward to seeing the photo.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

That's gorgeous! And what a generous friend you are!