Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanks Melissa!

My friend Melissa gave me this Stylish blogger Award today! Melissa has a great blog, Daily Life - Bits & Pieces, where she shares her very creative scrapbooking ideas & lots of other interesting tidbits. Check it out, I know you'll enjoy it! Thanks Melissa!
Here are the rules that come along with this award:
1)thank & link back to the person who awarded it to you (done!)
2)share 8 things about yourself
3)pay it forward to 8 bloggers you have recently discovered
4)contact those bloggers & tell them about the award.

Ok, here goes.....

8 things about me......
1) I have a college degree in accounting which came in handy for a while! But I enjoy my creative pursuits so much more.
2) I'm left handed
3) I originally thought I would be a music teacher, or a music therapist. I love to sing in the church choir.
4) I learned to sew when I was about 8 or 9 years old (that was just a few years ago!)
5) I love to do handwork, embroidery, hand sewing, handstitching binding on quilts
6) I hate peanut butter, always have.
7) I'm a city girl, love to visit big cities & always like to live near a major city
8) I have the greatest husband & 3 kids a girl could ever ask for. They make me happy every day.

So now you know more about me than you ever really cared for, right?

Here are 8 bloggers that I have been especially enjoying lately! I know, it says discovered lately, but I'm cheating! Some of these blogs I have been loving for quite a while. I award them the Stylish Blogger Award.....

Jen - Miss Punkie Pie
Gnee - Singing with Birds
Maria - Life on the Block
Jeanette - Sweet Jeanette
Lisa - The Princess and the Monkey
Jodi - Pleasant Home
Shauna - Gluten free girl and the chef
Jane - Sew Create It

Gosh I could give you a much longer list than this one! But, alas the rules say 8, so 8 it is. Thanks again Melissa!

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Thanks Ellyn! I'll have to think about what I'm going to say about myself.

Renée said...

Aaaah, I'm honored! I'm so glad to learn about you and visit your blog. Thanks for making my day!

Jodi Nelson said...

Thanks Ellyn! You made my day too! ooxx`jodi