Sunday, April 11, 2010

fabric flowers

Maybe you figured out by now what our scrappy project is for quilt guild this month....

Fabric Flowers! I've been having fun trying out different tutorials I've found online so I can share them with the guild members on Thursday. You already saw this lovely blossom:which I made using this tutorial. It was fun to do using a combination of machine and hand sewing.


Next I played around with some felt flowers that I found on Betz White's blog:
I made these using this tutorial. They were fun and easy, again using a little bit of machine sewing & mostly hand sewing (oh, & a glue gun!)

Finally, I tried out this sweet little flower:
I made it using this tutorial from Pink Paper Peppermints. Though it looks the simplest, it was probably the fussiest to make.... but not terribly hard.

So, three fabric flowers made. We'll see how the week goes, if I have time to try some more (or even create one of my own?).



3 comments:

Maria said...

All your flowers look beautiful, Ellyn

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I LOVE the first one! What a great embellishment for a tote bag!

Melissa~ said...

Your flowers came out so pretty. Aren't they fun to make??

♥ Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints