Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quilt show weekend!

Yay! It's time for the Dallas Quilt Show!! I love to go & see what new stuff I can find. This year we'll be investigating sewing machine possibilities for Allyson. That's what she has requested for her 13th birthday in August. I fully approve!

It's always interesting to see what catches Allyson's eye at the quilt show (she's my quilt show buddy for the third year in a row!). Two years ago, when she was 10, she became fascinated with a booth where they were coloring on muslin with crayons and making quilts. We spent a bundle in that booth! Here's a picture of her dinosaur pillow that came out of our purchases:

yes, that little dinosaur (about 4 inches square?) cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $25! Yikes.

Last year she was intrigued by the dolls made from yoyos. This one was a little more reasonable.... just a pattern & a yoyo maker. She & Grandma made this sweet elephant doll.

So what will it be this year? I will surely let you know! She has developed quite an eye for fabric and patterns... so I'm sure we'll both come home with a bag full of treasures & a head full of ideas.
On another note, we'll be leaving Sunday morning & driving to Columbia, Missouri to check out the University for Steve. I've scouted one quilt store in Columbia & a couple in Independence, where we'll be after that. Now all I have to do is accidentally get the car headed toward those stores.... think I can do it? I do!

1 comment:

Sewjoe said...

I will sure miss the show this year but I do hope to come home with some goodies from my adventure as well. Have a safe trip.