Monday, July 5, 2021

Pandemic Porchdrop

 I shared a while back that my improv small group, Comedy Club Quilters, completed an improv round robin this spring. It was fun and different from past round robins because of the pandemic, thus I named my completed quilt Pandemic Porchdrop. I realized I never shared the finish with you.

I ended up adding borders with a green "stripe" just to frame it out and make it a bit bigger. I rather like the effect! I pieced the back and added a faced binding...
Those squares running across the back? They are pieces of each of our signature fabrics. I embroidered each maker's name on her signature fabric so I would remember who did what down the road...

After I machine quilted some random wavy lines in green, I decided to add some hand stitched Xs here and there. These were done with a variety of size 8 and 12 pearl cottons...

I love the end result! And the dear friends who had a hand in it. 

3 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Sorry I missed reading about this as I'm still catching up on my blog reading. What a fantastic way to stay connected during the pandemic. The quilt turned out fantastically! Glad I got to see it completed. -Andrea

Maria said...

Great name you’ve chosen for this fabulous improv quilt made by all your sewing friends……

Debbie said...

What a fun one. Cool that you identified your fellow makers on the back.