Friday, August 28, 2020

Denim shirt remix


Years ago, hubby bought me this cute denim shirt from the Biltmore in Asheville, NC. I wore it a lot at first, but for a long time it's just been hanging in my closet. I decided to revamp it into something fresh and new.
A quick trip into the local quilt store and I had some gorgeous Ruby Star Society fabric and a couple of spools of 8 weight thread in coordinating colors.
In a jiffy i had this cute tunic all done! I added a gathered "skirt" with the fabric and embroidered flowers above the front pocket and on the back .



 Now I can't wait for fall so I can wear it! We've been having lots of 100+ degree days here in Texas, not exactly conducive to long sleeved denim shirts! For now it's safely tucked back in my closet.

3 comments:

Maria said...

You did a great job of revamping your denim shirt with lovely floral fabrics and some pretty stitching.

Debbie said...

Very nice repurposing!

Connie said...

What a great re-do, I love the embroidery and how you took it from tailored to girly :) Amazing Job!!!