Thursday, February 14, 2019

Retreating with the McKinney Modern Quilt Guild

Last weekend, our guild had a day retreat at the Best Little Retreat Center in Texas. Such a wonderful facility... AND you get to go home and sleep in your own bed at night. Can't beat it. 

There were so many wonderful projects in the works....

I finished up a couple of children's quilt tops to send to my mom. Her church group is working on quilts for each of their Angel Tree children at Christmas...
And I finished up this quilt top, with improv Xs made with the strip sets from the Sherri Lynn Wood workshop I attended last fall. I think I'll add some borders to make it big enough to snuggle on the couch.
A fun and productive weekend for sure!

3 comments:

Path said...

Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

We're going to have a 'day' retreat with our guild. I kinda miss the 'going away' part. Was yours just for one day? Ours is three - so you can come any or all...

Sally said...

I love seeing how other guilds do things! Yay for getting so many things accomplished, too! Our guild just had a sew-in yesterday, but only from 10-4 and we focused on quilts for our upcoming charity project. Although, anyone could really work on whatever they wanted. I ended up bringing home fabric for 3 quilts... so, I'll have lots to do in the next few months (not that I don't have plenty of UFOs to work on also).