Monday, October 1, 2018

bee blocks for Tracy

It's October! New month means a new challenge for the Solid Seven bee. This month, Tracy requested 80s themed, neon solid bee blocks. So much possibility here.  I was traveling when she announced the theme and by the time I got home, many of the obvious choices had been taken. You really need to check out our hashtag, #thesolidseven, to see what everyone came up with. Here are mine, soon to be popped in the mail....

This one was a doozy! I plotted it out on graph paper then pieced it and appliquéd the TV on top. Those center angled pieces were a challenge but I think it came out right. It's huge, almost 24" square, but I left to borders big so Tracy can cut it down as needed.

I decided to do something easy after I finished the MTV block. Tetris anyone?

She said she'd like words too.... I debated quite a few phrases and finally landed on Where's the beef? Who else remembers that cute little old lady in the Wendy's commercials? She cracked me up. Oh, I did embroider an apostrophe in "where's" but I forgot to snap a photo of that before I got my blocks ready to mail. You'll just have to believe me!

Pretty fun! I'm up next month. I've chosen a theme and a color scheme and can't wait to share it.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You always make such fantastic blocks.....