Saturday, August 11, 2018

Quilt Plano 2018

Yesterday, my friend Bonnie and I went to Quilt Plano, an annual quilt show that is held nearby. I had entered my very first quilt in a show! My Try All The Things improv quilt was entered in the modern category.
Imagine my surprise when I learned I had won a second prize ribbon in the category!
I was thrilled enough to have a quilt hanging in the show. I never expected to win a ribbon!
And guess what? Bonnie's improv quilt won  second place ribbon too!
Bonnie's quilt was made at Debbie Jeske's workshop just like mine.

Because of the sizes of our quilts, we were forced to enter them in different categories. Mine was just barely big enough to enter in the Modern category. Bonnie's was smaller so she entered it in the small quilts category.

It was so awesome to see so many modern quilts throughout the show. This has been a very traditional show for many years. I love to see ALL of the types of quilts, the workmanship is amazing! What a fun day!



4 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting to ribbon on your first entry! :)

Maria said...

Congratulations to you both ... how exciting to have won a ribbon 🎀 on your first show.

Debbie said...

Still smiling over your duo win! ;-) You knew about the ribbon before you went to the show didn't you?!

Sally said...

That's awesome! Congrats!