Saturday, October 14, 2017

baby quilt

This quilt has been delivered to a "soon to arrive"  baby in New York so I can share it here. The request was for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not something I am fond of, but requested nonetheless.  Also, baby gender was a mystery to me, so a bright, gender neutral quilt was in order. The greens here are the turtles, found at my local Joanns. I pulled the other colors out of the turtle fabric and used all blenders from my stash. It worked out great.
The pattern is A Quilter's Table's Quarter-cut baby quilt tutorial which I've used several times now. Thanks Debbie for the awesome pattern! It whips up quickly and makes a perfect gift. I especially love the rounded corners. Finishes 40" square. I used a soft flannel on the back and cross hatch quilted it on my domestic machine.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You outdid yourself working with Ninja turtles! ;-) Glad you've enjoyed that pattern...

susan q said...

thanks for sharing your quilt talent. Looks easy for beginners for my local project linus donation or to have it ready for a surprise baby shower. thanks again!

Sally said...

Super adorable! You still made this baby quilt look great, even if the fabric theme isn't something you're fond of :)

Maria said...

Great pattern for a baby quilt. I do like the way new Mum's go for nice bright quilts. Not just Pinks or Blues...