Wednesday, June 14, 2017

hand dyed hashtag quilt

Remember way back last fall when I hand dyed these beautiful fabrics?
I had great intentions of making them up into a quilt for ME right away... and then, well, life happened. Factor in a knee replacement, holidays and vacations... you get it, right?

Also I had a very hard time deciding what to make. There was lots of searching on Pinterest. Lots of internal debating. And finally, I settled on hashtag blocks. I put it on my second quarter finish along list because I knew that would push me to get it done. Low and behold....
I finished it! And I love it!

Each block os 12 inches, so the finished quilt is 60" X 72". The background is Kona Steel Gray and I think it really makes the hand dyed fabrics pop.

The amazing quilting was done by my buddy Diann. 

And so, I am finished with my second quarter list! Whew!


10 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, this turned out great!!

Debbie said...

yay! This turned out so nice! I bet it's even more striking in person with your dyed fabrics!

Maria said...

What a gorgeous quilt you made out of the delicious hand dyed fabrics...

Ondrea said...

Great pattern choice and I agree about the grey making those colours really stand out. Another lovely finish.

Sally said...

This quilt is really lovely! I like it a lot! I'm glad you used your hand-dyed fabric for something for yourself!

Chantal said...

It's a beauty Ellyn! Love the colors and love the hashtag. Modern and fresh!

Kristin said...

Your quilt is fabulous! Congratulations on completing a Q2 goal. =)

SarahZ said...

Sweeeeet finish! That steel really lets those colors shine, doesn't it?! Well done, and congrats on a finish for you!

felicity said...

The FAL is such a great motivator, isn't it? Your hand dyed fabrics are beautiful and your choice of pattern really brings them out. Beautiful finish!

On behalf of the Finish A Long global hosts, thank you for participating!

Shannon said...

It looks stunning! I love that you used your own hand dyed fabric :)