Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Maui Glam bag

After seeing a Maui Glam Bag (pattern by Pink Sand Beach designs) a friend made, I really wanted to make one for myself. The bag is intended as a zipper pouch (2 zippers) but my friend had put a shoulder strap on hers and it became an adorable small handbag! I already knew from experience that Pink Sand Beach patterns are incredibly well done, and that the finished product is always professionally finished with proper interfacing support. I was all in!

Yesterday, I put together my bag, using 2 Cotton & Steel prints for the outside and some Art Gallery low volume prints from my stash for the linings/inside pocket.
I love the extra outside zip pocket to stash my phone

I didn't have any swivel hooks on hand so I attached my strap to the D rings on both sides
Inside pockets for credit cards, etc. I can't wait to put this little bag to good use!

3 comments:

Ondrea said...

WOW!

Debbie said...

This turned out super cute and I love your choice of fabrics!

Melissa said...

That is so cute!! You always pick such colorful fabrics - love it!