Thursday, April 28, 2016

using handwoven fabric

When I finished weaving my scarf last month, I had some of the beautiful yarn leftover. I decided to weave it into a piece of fabric and make it into a bag. I wanted to combine it with some quilting cotton to make a fun sling bag. That yarn was so hard to match! Purples seemed too purple next to it and reds looked too red! Finally I found this cotton & steel fabric that was just right! (suddenly I feel like Goldilocks! Ha)
The bottom woven part is a pocket, which I wish I had made bigger. oh well! Next time. No pocket on the other side...
of course, I had a hard time finding a matching zipper too. My solution to that...
bright yellow contrast. A little pop of color that makes me smile. And that snail zipper pull? Come on! Can he be any cuter?

4 comments:

Chantal said...

What an awesome bag! I love the color. I love that you could use some of your weaving in it. Yes, that snail is super cute hanging off the zipper.

Debbie said...

oh this is great. And what nice coordinating!

Maria said...

Love it !!

Kristin said...

Wow!!! That is a super cool bag!! You will love it forever!