Thursday, February 18, 2016

explore

I've already been having fun with my 2016 word of the year. The first big thing I've been exploring is weaving, which I'm really enjoying! And on retreat this past weekend, I put together the quilt top for my Explore quilt. Today I put the final stitches into the label (I'm getting better about labelling my quilts folks! Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.) I think this is my favorite quilt in the word series so far....
Those arrows..... I used the tutorial over at Grace and Favour. I've made them several times before, always for other people! I'm so glad I finally made some for myself.  This quilt is 18x20 just like the others in the series and I have a plan for hanging them all together.... stay tuned for that!  Oh, also, this is my second finish in the 2016 finish-a-long so yay for that!

I had a lot of fun with the quilting on this. My straight line quilting is more, umm, straight! Ha! It's about time.
So, this is the fifth word quilt I've made, but actually my sixth word of the year. I'm still struggling with how to depict "trust" for the first quilt. Thoughts? That also explains the blank space at the beginning of my word of the year quilt montage....
wow, the color is really off in this photo of explore!
And here's how my loom looks right now....
I'm exploring weaving dish towels, which is going much slower than the scarves did. And that's just fine with me! What have you explored so far this year?

5 comments:

Maria said...

I also love your "Explore" mini.... I really like the colours you used... For "Trust" could you make one with holding hands ???? Just a thought!
Have fun weaving your dish clothes Ellyn.

Debbie said...

Very nice - really love your series.

Chantal said...

Awesome word quilt Ellyn. It is really very lovely - those arrows!!!! The weaving looks to be so much fun too. Good on you. Please show your dish towels when you are finished.

Debbie said...

Yay! You already know I love your word series! Thank you for participating in the FAL on behalf of the FAL hosting team!

Quilts By Laurel said...

I really like this one! Great job! :)