Saturday, January 16, 2016

My first 2016 finish-a-long finish

Remember this stack of fat quarters I posted the other day in my finish-a-long post? Well, with a few changes, it's become my first finish from my list for the quarter!
I had pinned my friend Debbie's tutorial for a sweet baby quilt several months ago & I knew this was the time I wanted to use it.
It went together in no time & I do think it's the sweetest little baby quilt I've ever made! The baby to be has an aqua and gray nursery, a no brainer for me! And the gender of the baby is still a mystery, so I choose gender neutral prints.
One of my favorite things about this quilt is the rounded corners. I did a simple crosshatch quilting on my domestic machine and bound the quilt in bias cut, aqua solid.
The brushed cotton I put on the back matches the binding perfectly and makes for a soft, snuggly finished quilt.
It feels good to check something off my first quarter list already!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

oh this is SO cute! I just love the colors! Thanks for the shout-out btw!

Hilary said...

It's lovely! Rounded corners on baby quilts are my favorite!

Maria said...

Lovely baby quilt . Sew good to have a finish already.... I have never done rounded corners but they do look great.

Francine said...

You go girl! What a great start to the year - and those fabrics are so sweet!

Ondrea said...

I love those fabrics! It is such a lovely cuddly quilt. The rounded corners are a fantastic idea.Hmmm, must check out that tutorial myself.

Chantal said...

It looks lovely Ellyn! What a wonderful job. I love the rounded corners too.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

That is so lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

What a cute quilt and great colors! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

Vicki in MN said...

It's absolutely lovely, love aqua's!