Thursday, November 5, 2015

Birthday bag for a friend


My blogging friend Maria and I have been exchanging crafty birthday gifts for several years. The last couple of years, we've chosen a theme. This year we decided to make each other tote bags. Way back in February she sent me a wonderful embroidered bag. Well this week it was Maria's birthday! And now that she's opened up her gift, I can finally share what I sent off to Australia several weeks ago.

I'm not sure if this is the back or the front of the bag! Ha! I used the Tahiti Tote pattern, which I've made before and just love. I decided to take part of a Row by Row pattern that I had picked up this summer and make a big splash on the plain side of the bag. Maria loves to go to the beach with her friends to take a swim & I thought this would be a great summer bag for her. 

One thing I love about this pattern is the awesome pocket on the front. It's a combination slip pocket & zipper pocket, the perfect spot for a cell phone and keys.


This bag zips closed on the top too, so nothing can fall out. 

Happy Birthday Maria! 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you sew much for my wonderful bag and all the lovely gifts you tucked inside.. Love them all XXX

Debbie said...

what a fun swap!

Ondrea said...

Such a beautiful bag. I am so envious of those who can make bags . You clever gal.