Wednesday, August 19, 2015

pillowcase dresses for Africa

I'm so delighted that my oldest, Leigh Anne, will be traveling to Swaziland, Africa, in October. She'll be going on a mission trip with Liberty Church NYC and since one piece of their mission is to visit orphanages, I decided to make some pillowcase dresses to send along with her. Yesterday I recruited two of my favorite young sewers to help me out....
 They worked very hard most of the day, excited to sew for such a special mission and asking lots of questions about the orphans in Africa along the way. Many of the questions I didn't have an answer for, so we made a list and sent it off to Leigh Anne, knowing many of the answers won't be given for a couple of months.
 The girls were pretty proud of the first dresses they finished....
Lexi, the quality control dog, never left the room
By the end of the day the girls had made NINE dresses to send to Africa! They do great work.
I have about a month to make some more dresses to add to their stack.

No comments: