Saturday, May 2, 2015

bluebonnet hugs quilt

My fabulous photography assistant, Super Ally, and I would like to share my latest quilt finish with you....
I'm calling it Bluebonnet Hugs. The colors remind me of the Texas Bluebonnets we enjoy every spring. And this quilt is meant to offer special hugs to my sweet sister, Diane, and her husband Dave who have been so welcoming and kind, letting Ally & I stay with them for almost 2 months this winter while we were in Ohio.....
In case you've never seen bluebonnets before, here's what they look like. So pretty!

The bluebonnets were so beautiful this year because we've had a ton of rain! But that also means there was lots of mud. It was also very windy the day we went. Didn't make for a wonderful photo shoot unfortunately.

  The pattern is from Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine & was fun to make! I did the whole thing from my stash. Well, except for the back. When I asked Ally to turn around so I could photograph the back, this is what she did.....
 Can you hear her giggling in that photo? What a silly girl. Anyways, I do love the strip of patchwork I added to the back....
 My friend, Sandy, did the fabulous quilting for me (and very quickly, I might add! Thanks Sandy!)

It took some doing to get Miss Ally to give this quilt up....
 I may have promised to make another one like it, for her. maybe.

5 comments:

Maria said...

That's a gorgeous quilt and looks like you had fun doing the photo shoot. Ally looks cosy wrapped in the quilt.
Love those Bluebonnet flowers, can see why you used the name for the quilt.
The quilting is amazing!

Debbie said...

Very pretty and I love it with the bluebells! Fun photoshoot!

Chantal said...

It's a lovely Quilt Ellyn! And I think you should make Ally one!!!! ; )

Melissa said...

Yes, I can hear here giggling inside that beautiful quilt! Love her giggles!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Beauty. What a thoughtful gift for your sister and BIL. And yes, I think Ally needs one of her own too. :)