Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dainty Tote

When I saw the very first Dainty Tote Bag made by Three Owls I told her she had to write up the pattern! I wanted to make one (who am I kidding? I want to make dozens!) of these! I never imagined she would offer it as a free tutorial on her blog! Well I had a charm pack of Best. Day. Ever! so I chopped it into mini squares and set to work.....
 I adore this bag! The pattern is so clearly written. There are lots of steps, but if you follow along and use all of her hints & tips, it's a fun and easy bag to make. I will be making more for sure! It's the perfect size for little girls to carry their treasures in (think dolly diaper bag?) which is why this one is making it's way to a special little girl in my life for Christmas. But it's also the perfect size for a hand sewing project, which is why I WILL be making another one soon, for ME!
I do believe you need to make one too.

6 comments:

Sally said...

Very cute!

Melissa said...

Hmmm . . . I wonder if my nature journal & pens/pencils/colors would fit in one of those? :>)

Maria said...

Oh how sweet. Your special little girl will love it

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute!! I wonder if a mini laptop would fit in it.

Vicki in MN said...

It is just adorable, thanks so much for showing us and linking to the tute/pattern for it. I am sure I need one too!!!

Three Owls Handmade said...

I love your Dainty Totes! Such great fabric! Thanks for cheering me on and getting me to write the tutorial up.