Thursday, November 27, 2014

thankful

Gratitude is something I've always embraced. In fact, it was my word of the year back in 2012, but it's something I practice every day. Thanksgiving seems to be a good day to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for. Here goes!

Family I'm so so thankful for my awesome hubby of more than 27 years, for his constant support, kindness and love. Thankful for our three amazing kiddos, and the fact that they all care so much for each other. For my parents who have always been so good to us and for extended family as well.

Friends Near and far! For my friends here in Texas who I craft with, eat with, laugh and cry with! For friends far away who always stay connected. For internet friends, some of whom I will never meet in real life but who impact me every day!

Work this year I am thankful for the opportunity to work with happy, kind, creative people, allowing me to be in my happy place!

Church I'm also thankful for First Presbyterian Church of Allen, TX where I learn and grow and connect with Christian friends and find opportunities to serve. I am thankful for my pastor/friend who is so good at changing hats whenever I need her to!

Little things like fabric, and diet pepsi, music, quilt guilds, buttons and rick rack, polka dots, all things aqua, oh, and pumpkin pie (the gluten free kind).

Mostly, I'm so thankful for a God who provides for me and my family and always loves me.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!


2 comments:

Maria said...

We do have so many things to be Thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to your family and you Ellyn.
Hugz
Maria XXX

Melissa said...

A wonderful list of things to be thankful for! I'm thankful for your friendship!

(BTW-just read Leigh Anne's post & it sounds like she's enjoying Thanksgiving in the Big Apple!)