Tuesday, August 12, 2014

a quilty finish

I have always loved polka dots. So when I found (ok, truth be told, Ally pointed it out to me!) a layer cake of Dottie in all it's polka dotted goodness, I had to whip up a quick quilt.
All I did was chop the blocks & scramble them a bit... I understand there is a written pattern like this (although I just did it... no pattern) so I won't give you a detailed tutorial. I don't want to step on any toes! My quilt is about 50x60 inches, perfect lap quilt size.

My pal Diann did some awesome longarm bubble quilting to add to the dotty goodness...
And my pal Joy helped me choose a snazzy black/white/gray stripe for a perfect binding...
and this beauty is ready for a snuggle on the couch. Too bad it's been 100 degrees here every day lately. I'm off to fiddle with the thermostat again (much to hubby's dismay!)


5 comments:

Sally said...

I love this! Simple and colorful = awesome! I am also hoping to whip up a quick quilt soon.

Debbie said...

oh this is darling and I love how you quilted it!

Kim said...

Awesome work on this quilt. Simple but beautiful.

Maria said...

Love it !! Fabulous quilting...
My DOTTY fabrics are about to be cut up too....

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Looks great! I have a stockpile of "Dotty" charm packs. I don't know what I want to do yet. Make a whole Schibbles with dots or mix them with another fabric line.