Sunday, March 30, 2014

box avoidance

I amaze myself sometimes with the projects I can come up with to avoid emptying all of the boxes in our garage. Truth be told, the house is basically full and there is still a ton to be unpacked (or perhaps disposed of?). At any rate, a friend has a birthday this week and I decided to make her a little pillow.....
 One economy block featuring teacher-ish fabric that reminds me of her (she's a teacher).
 I even like the back. A few special details like ricrac peeking out from under the binding and a little "handmade" charm I found at Joanns....
 I did some big stitch hand quilting on the front in contrasting pearl cottons....

this was such a fun project! I do think there may be more like it in my future.

2 comments:

Maria said...

You do make the most gorgeous Pillow Covers I know cause I have one I love....I am sure your friend will love hers too.....

Patchwork Mummy said...

Tut tut on avioding those boxes. I'm definately not one to talk as I would be exactly the same. Love the cover the ric-rac is a really nice touch. :-)