Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Liebster award

My blogging friend Wendi over at Prsd4tim2 nominated me for a Liebster Award.  She says "Liebster means cute or darling, but in Blogland is really just a way of connecting and getting to know each other better".  Makes perfect sense to me.

So here's how it works. I, the recipient answer 11 questions  and then I award  other bloggers a Liebster Award and then they answer 11 questions and so on, and so on....  


So here are my answers, in case you're interested.

1. Why did you start blogging? I loved reading other people's blogs & thought it would be a fun way to document my crafty ventures and a few family events. I never really figured anyone would actually read it!

2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to? We're moving into a new (smaller, one story) house. I'm really looking forward to decorating. Especially my new studio space!

3. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind? sew. duh!

4. Photo's say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?
these are my people! Everyone was home for Christmas this year and my friend Stephanie took this awesome photo for us!

4. What quote inspires you the most?
I'm going with my favorite Bible verse. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
5. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why?
Tool? hmmm does my sewing machine count?
6. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
I don't have one favorite. I love to explore new places, usually cities. London was a great vacation! New York City. Chicago...
7. What is your favorite blog?
Oh nice try! I refuse to answer that question! I love them ALL!
8. What is your favorite way to work out?
Well I don't love to work out, but I do ride my recumbent bike every morning (while I listen to sewing podcasts!)
9. Where do you like to shop?
At my local quilt shops (yes, we have more than one! How lucky am I?). Assuming I'm shopping for fabric that is (and why wouldn't I be?)
10. What's the best advice you've ever been given?
I'm not really sure?
11. What is your favorite blog post you've written? 
I think the post I wrote on Home  back in November. It came from my heart.

So here are the bloggers I want to know the answers from! I hope you all will play along...

Here are your questions....
1. Why did you start blogging?

2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to?

3. What is your favorite thing to do to unwind?

4. Photo's say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?

4. What quote inspires you the most?

5. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why?

6. Where is your favorite vacation spot?

7. What is your favorite blog?

8. What is your favorite way to work out?

9. Where do you like to shop?

10. What's the best advice you've ever been given?

11. What is your favorite blog post you've written?

5 comments:

Patchwork Mummy said...

Thank you Ellyn. I will play along and blog later! :-)

prsd4tim2 said...

Loved reading your answers, Ellyn! Great photo of your family. And good luck with the new house. Decorating the studio sounds so fun - as long as I'm not doing it myself. Now that I've been in mine several months, I want to rearrange everything. Again. =P

Thanks for playing along!

Deborah said...

Congrats on your liebster award! Well deserved! It was fun to read your answers!

Melissa said...

THANK YOU!! I'll be blogging my answers later this week!

Laura Maxell said...

Congrats :)