Friday, May 10, 2013

barn building and other stuff

I got around to building barn #6 today in Lori Holt's barn along. And when I went to join barns five and six together, they were different sizes. What the heck? It took me a few minutes but I finally figured it out. Here's #5...


and #6....


Do you see what I did? I forgot the white sashing on barn #5. Oops. So I got out my trusty seam ripper and did a little unsewing. And then, some resewing. And all is well on the farm.

I'll bet you're wondering who is hiding behind my barns? (ok, if you're not wondering, just play along with me for a minute.)

Steve's home!



Just for a couple of weeks but I'm sure enjoying his company!

Also, on a totally different topic, I've been admiring everyone's cool nametags on the internet. I've been thinking about making one for myself. Well, on Tuesday night I went to the first ever meeting of the new McKinney Modern Quilt Guild (YAY for a modern guild nearby!) and we were challenged to make a nametag before the next meeting. You know me, I can't resist a challenge. So I set to work and this is what I ended up with....



 What do you think?

I'll be back in the morning to announce the winner of my giveaway. Have you entered yet? You're running out of time! Hurry.... go on now!



2 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Steve. Have a nice break..
Love your Big Barn Quilt and your name tag looks great.

prsd4tim2 said...

Yay for having sons come home! Mine is home for Mother's Day - for the third or fourth year in a row! I'm so loving having him here, and I know you are too. He's off to the beach for a little while, so I'm trying to catch up on blog reading and emails.

Love your barns. They are so cheerful and look wonderful together. I really have to try them, but I've been slightly obsessed with bags lately.

Your name tag is so cool. Great that you've got a MQG nearby. I'm so enjoying mine - even though it's an hour away. Sad that I didn't join sooner.

Keep up the great work!