Friday, April 8, 2011

start to finish Friday

Have you seen Moda's Sudoku quilt kids in the stores? Joellen bought me one for my birthday in February & I've been itching to work on it. I love Sudoku puzzles and, well, you already know I love quilting! So this morning I dug it out and completed the puzzle..... Then I laid out the pieces to match the puzzle. I love the fabric, it's Kate Spain's Central Park....
I checked and rechecked the pieces a hundred times to make sure it was right! In case you have not done Sudoku puzzles before, the idea is that each "nine patch" has one each of nine different fabrics. Then, each row has one each of the fabrics as does each column.
I started sewing the blocks together at about 10 this morning, and by 4 this afternoon I had the whole top DONE! The solid I chose for the sashings and borders is Moda Bella Solid in Stone. It looks very gray in this photo, in reality it's more of a putty color. I love it! My plan is to make a scrappy backing & have it quilted, then add a scrappy binding. So proud of myself finishing a whole quilt top in one day!


I hope you did something fun today too.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Love the fabrics you chose for the Suduko quilt. How clever doingit in one day. I make two but always in brights and given them as charity quilts.

Sally said...

I have not seen these, but this is an adorable idea. I love this fabric that is in your quilt...very bright and cheerful! Perfect for this time of year.

prsd4tim2 said...

It's beautiful! Central Park is SUCH yummy fabric.

Congratulations on the fast finish!