Saturday, October 2, 2010

the Witch Switch

Do you remember my witch blocks? Here's a refresher! My 9 blocks, all done! I hand blanket stitched them all & it took FOREVER! But I was really happy with the end result. 

Today we took our blocks to the quilt store to swap with the other participants. I think there were about 14 total sets of blocks that got swapped. It looked like mine were the only ones hand sewn, the others were machine appliqued, some with straight stitch, some with zigzag. All of them were so cute! & one of the ladies brought this adorable witch to be our mascot.....

After the swap I came home with these adorable blocks which I will eventually make into a Halloween quilt.

Check out these funky shoes!
What a fun swap! The next swap is star blocks, 30 of them. I really don't have time to do it but I do think I was talked into it this morning! I'll let you know!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those witches legs. What a great swap.
Yeah I know what you mean. It does not take much to get me into a nice swap. I alwauys make time and enjoy it.
Oh Ellyn are you in the candle mat swap with Quilting Gallery?? I am!!!

Chris said...

What a fun swap! Everyone's turned out great.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Very cute!!! They all turned out so adorable!

BTW, I found the pattern at a local shop on the shop hop last month and have a bag of fabric to start making my blocks! I think that I have to make like 4 wall hangings! lol